INTRODUCTION: Training is essentially a learning process. In a training programme, learning is a complex , multi- dimensional process. There are myriad factors and conditions that influence the learning process. To …
Training is essentially a learning process. In a training programme, learning is a complex , multi-
dimensional process. There are myriad factors and conditions that influence the learning process. To
further compound the situation, there are many players in the process- the trainees, trainers, support staff
etc. And each of these groups may have its own agenda to pursue in the training programme, and often its
own preferred way of operating to achieve it. They may even have divergent views on issues associated
In order to realize the programme objectives, it is necessary that trainer considers the learning process as
composite. There is, therefore a need to identify different aspects of learning process and adopting a
strategy that takes on board all these dimensions. It is important that the learning team maintains a constant
vigil of the learning process
Ways of learning in Training Programme:
Learning in a training programme can be made effective by the following ways:
1) Direct Inputs by the trainers: In a training programme, a key function of the trainer is to provide
suitable and quality inputs in the areas covered by the programme.
2) Learning through sharing within training groups: In a training programme, especially in in-
service programmes, the training group is a powerful source of learning.
3) Learning through Practice and Exercise: Learning could be imparted through individual or
group practical assignments. The participants can be given special projects at training center or
can be send to other agencies for placements or for specific projects or field.
4) Formal and Informal Methods of Observation: In this method participants observe how a
person is performing an activity, assess the nature of dedication. It helps him to understand the key
points of doing a job.
5) Out of session exchange with participants and trainers: Training can also be given in out of
session exchange with participants. This also helps in personal development of both trainers and
Written by – Mr. Kapil Kasliwal
Assistant Professor, Biyani Girls College Jaipur (RJ)