Unit 1 :
1. Educational Psychology its meaning, methods, scope, Functions and applications.
2. Implications of Educational Psychology fora Teacher, Curricula, Classroom situations and learner development.
3. Growth and Development of the learner-Growth and Development meaning, Principles (Physical, social, mental and Emotional Development) and their Implications for learning.
Unit 2 :
1. Learning, its meaning, factors affecting learning and types of learning. (Gagne)
2. Theories of learning : Trial and Error, classic, Conditioning, Operant Conditioning, Gestalt, Piaget and Burner.
3. Transfer of learning, factors, theories, and its implications for teacher.
4. Motivation meaning and role in the process of learning.
1. Personality meaning, types, factors responsible for shaping it, objective and Projective of assessment.
2. Intelligence meaning, Theories, measurement and role in learning.
3. Creativity meaning components, development and measurement.
Unit 4 :
Psychology of adjustment, concepts of adjustment,mechanism of adjustment Ego-defense mechanisms, identification and education of mal adjusted children.
Individual differences-meaning causes and their educational implications, (with special reference to the slow, learner, gifted, delinquent, Physically disabled and Socially deprived children.
Unit 5 :
1. Group Dynamics, Classroom as a group-its impact upon learning
2. Development of a child as an individual (concept development), school and development of self-concept.
3. Creative thinking, reasoning and problem-solving and the effects of social class on their development.
4. Learning increments of Socialization,Individualized instruction,Diagnosing learning difficulties.
5. Concept of Social Learning (Bandura